Summit ET Series at Island Dragway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit ET Series at Island Dragway

First day of points. The weather is good now, but rain is forcasted for the afternoon. Timeshots at 12, eliminations at 3

Attached Files

Comment

Nothing too stellar to report. Went x3 rounds. Had a good light 1st round and ran the number. 2nd round won on a double breakout. 3rd round got paired with my cousin and did not run the number. I think I crept into the beams a bit.

Not a bad start, I believe a couple guys that made it, and went out 4th round bought back so Im still up on points with those drivers.

JT

Comment

Two rounds today. Did not suck at the lights and the car ran pretty consistent for the changing air, meaning it varied as what was expected. We are racing 2 hours earlier than before due to the gate time and TT start at 12 vs. 2:00. It will save the track money and hopefully put more dollars on their pocket so it will keep going. Went out in round 2 with a .011 foul.

Both my cousin and I bailed on the consi race as there was nothing to be learned or gained other than more laps and some return $$$, but we both were not feeling it.

He is gonna change out his slicks as they are due and he turned the tire just past the 60’. Me, I want to stretch the current set of slicks to June or so and will get a set on order this week, but my size are not in stock at this point , 30 x 9 C07 Hoosiers. Anyway it has been a way better start this season then in the past for the both of us. I am 5 out of x12 possible rounds so far.

JT

Comment

One and done today. Was -0.002 red first round, and we ended up putting my Cousins number on the AMC because he had engine problems. He had a red light in round 1. Lost on a double breakout in round 2. The car picked up and ran an 11.08 which had to be the wind…..the car has never been on the 11.0s. Both of us could not believe it and it was not for picking up .04 in the 1/8th and .09 at the 1000’ mark we thought there had to be something wrong in that lane.

After that we took off. So he will be back to running the Camaro for a while. We have to finish up mounting the new shock paackage that is replacing the single adjustable Calvert shocks that Mount in the stock location with a set of double adjustable Afcos. He is bummed for sure. The Chevelle has been out of commission for a while and was running great. We think it had a lifter come apart, intake on the number 8 hole.

Comment

Made it two rounds yesterday. It had been a month since I raced and did OK at the tree and missed getting good qualifying by breaking out by .002 after an .020 light in the second TT. Lost with a .005 light against a .014 after the car ran a 11.28 on a 11.26 dial. I think I staged a little deep. Was real hot and had enough so I did not get into the consi race

Comment

As I said in the End of the Day thread >>> yesterday was less than spectacular. I pulled up next to a dude named James Young that the only way to describe him is he's pretty good at it >>> long time money racer and one of the best guys you will ever meet. I think the first time out for him this year was a 5k race a couple of weeks ago and he ran to the final to runner-up. But, you have to think you can beat the racer next to you and I can honestly say I was not beat before I got to the line, regardless of how good he is. What I did do wrong was do something different to stage the car and not do what I planned >>> get my burnout done first and get to the line first to get the pre-stage light on before he got in Deep. My cousin said this morning "good luck with that" as that is his gig. Anyway; I brought my RPM's up earlier than I normally do and pushed in too far and even though I managed to keep it on the green side >>> there was no way I could make up for the loss in ET by being in too deep.

Only three outings left to do something to secure a spot on the team for the finals

One thing I think I have to do to the car is change the line size to the rear brakes.
              The pedal feel is kind of soft, but it is consistent. I think to have staged as I tried; I need to have a more responsive pedal and plan to change the line to a 3/16" over the break.

JT

Comment

Working...
              X