No announcement yet.

24* vs 12* vs dr17*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IC, we have discussed a little bit about where you would like to go ET wise, but to be sure......you will be satisfied running high 4.90's in shit weather, right?

Also, how more more is it really to go with 9-12 degree heads over these 17-20 degree conventional heads? Obviously, if you will be happy running high 4's, you will get there with a good conventional head.

Another thing, and I have a serious problem in this regard......are you the kind of guy that will not be happy unless you squeeze everything out of a combo that there is to get? The answer to that should dictate whether you try a combo and see how it turns out, or pay a top builder to take your engine, and make a combo that does just that.

Drag racing sucks!
    TRUMP 2020!

Comment

• Inferno camaro
      Inferno camaro commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes 4.80's-4.90's is my goal. Faster would be great but being a bracket car I have to make it consistently down the track on local track prep. I thought about 12* but not only is it more $ for heads intake but would need new headers (just my luck my headers broke last season so spent $2800 on headers and would be useless if switching)
      With that being said I've never said man I wish this thing was slower or had less power
      Last edited by Inferno camaro; 01-21-2020, 06:57 PM.

I would say that in the real world, 1250hp should easily do the trick, maybe even 1200. Should be attainable with methanol through a good conventional head.
    TRUMP 2020!

Comment

Using Wallace calculator w/correction says my car is making about 1000hp running 5.15 @135. It shows 1200 would run 4.85 @ 145. I don't know how accurate that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno camaro View Post
        Using Wallace calculator w/correction says my car is making about 1000hp running 5.15 @135. It shows 1200 would run 4.85 @ 145. I don't know how accurate that is.
        I would expect your car to run right about there in my back yard, a little better at Cecil or MDIR, and a whole lot slower in goneracin's back yard.
        TRUMP 2020!

Comment

Working...
        X