Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My NA powah....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My NA powah....

    Old news, but what the heck....
    TRUMP 2020!

  • #2

    TRUMP 2020!

    Comment


    • #3
      What do you run for heads on that beast?

      Comment


      • #4
        Very nice brother!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Inferno camaro View Post
          What do you run for heads on that beast?
          Those are 12 degree Raptor heads. That engine started life as a standard Reher-Morrison NA 632 package except that the original owner requested them to make the bore 4.625" instead.

          It was freshened up by someone other than RM, and a new cam was installed. It lost 20hp. When I bought the car turnkey, I was able to get a season out of it before it needed freshened up again. I opted to send it across the country to goneracin.

          I know that the cam was changed, and some intake and head porting was done, but the details are still at Madcap.

          I know that it picked up over 80hp, and the real shocker is that it picked up 78ft. lbs. of torque! The engine definitely accelerates quicker than before.
          TRUMP 2020!

          Comment


          • #6
            Proof is in the pudding, right there is solid proof that Bob and his team know what they are doing, I hope Inferno can make a deal with Madcap to get his engine built to his handle his needs!

            Steve

            Comment


            • #7
              The Madcap boys are only about 10 miles from me. I used to run the BMW motorcycle shop just around the corner from them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Are you trying to impress us with those numbers??? Well you did LMAO thats one strong mule you got, congrats sir!

                Comment


                • #9
                  What does that thing run without the juice if you've even run it that way? What does it weigh? Message me if you would rather.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Inferno camaro View Post
                    What does that thing run without the juice if you've even run it that way? What does it weigh? Message me if you would rather.
                    The engine is a 100% NA combo.

                    16.2:1 compression
                    NA spec cam

                    Car weighs 2440 in the lights.

                    1/8 mile the car runs 4.74 to as slow as 4.82 in junk weather.

                    The power is there to go a solid tenth quicker, but I am missing something in my setup that is keeping me from getting it.

                    Typical run is mid-upper 4.70's with 1.08-1.09 sixty'. MPH is down in the 1/8.....146ish most of the time, but 1/4 it is 180-182

                    If time and finances permit, it will be a nitrous car this year. Time to do anything with it is a rare commodity, and it will cost me a solid 20K to convert it because I have no nitrous stuff anymore, and I will need a new ignition with grid, Racepak with a bunch of sensors, an upgraded transmission, and a new convertor.

                    If the nitrous switch happens, target ET will be 4.30 on basically a half dose, with the ability to run 4.0 something all in.

                    I should have switched to a hemi/blower combo 2 years ago.....
                    TRUMP 2020!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Mitch what class do you race the car in ?
                      Nice 60’ numbers, Big compression engine that it is I wouldn’t spray it but that’s just me.

                      Steve

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 1Azgerman View Post
                        Mitch what class do you race the car in ?
                        Nice 60’ numbers, Big compression engine that it is I wouldn’t spray it but that’s just me.

                        Steve
                        At local tracks I run top ET...

                        It is a top sportsman car that can also run 4.70 index.

                        Compression will go down to the 14.0-14.5 range, with a new cam for the nitrous switch.
                        TRUMP 2020!

                        Comment


                        • 1Azgerman
                          1Azgerman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Right on!

                      • #13
                        Originally posted by Mitch H View Post

                        The engine is a 100% NA combo.

                        16.2:1 compression
                        NA spec cam

                        Car weighs 2440 in the lights.

                        1/8 mile the car runs 4.74 to as slow as 4.82 in junk weather.

                        The power is there to go a solid tenth quicker, but I am missing something in my setup that is keeping me from getting it.

                        Typical run is mid-upper 4.70's with 1.08-1.09 sixty'. MPH is down in the 1/8.....146ish most of the time, but 1/4 it is 180-182

                        If time and finances permit, it will be a nitrous car this year. Time to do anything with it is a rare commodity, and it will cost me a solid 20K to convert it because I have no nitrous stuff anymore, and I will need a new ignition with grid, Racepak with a bunch of sensors, an upgraded transmission, and a new convertor.

                        If the nitrous switch happens, target ET will be 4.30 on basically a half dose, with the ability to run 4.0 something all in.

                        I should have switched to a hemi/blower combo 2 years ago.....
                        Man I thought you sprayed that thing for some reason. What size tire out back? Biggest I can fit is 33x15 or 32x16. You nave any trouble getting down the track on normal bracket race prep?

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by Inferno camaro View Post

                          Man I thought you sprayed that thing for some reason. What size tire out back? Biggest I can fit is 33x15 or 32x16. You nave any trouble getting down the track on normal bracket race prep?
                          On some smaller tracks traction can be sketchy, but for the most part traction is not a big deal. That said, if somebody leaked ANY type of liquid down track, my junker will find it.

                          I run a 33.5x17" tire
                          TRUMP 2020!

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            I leaked 8qt of oil and 1/2 a crankshaft on the track a few years ago. Car will not go down the track again without a diaper now. Heads and intake were all that weren't destroyed and the heads had to be welded back together. It shattered trans case, had to get frame repaired in 2 spots and ripped track locater of the rearend.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X