My NA powah....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inferno camaro View Post
    I leaked 8qt of oil and 1/2 a crankshaft on the track a few years ago. Car will not go down the track again without a diaper now. Heads and intake were all that weren't destroyed and the heads had to be welded back together. It shattered trans case, had to get frame repaired in 2 spots and ripped track locater of the rearend.
    Dang it!

This is the worst I have done.....so far.

TRUMP 2020!

Comment

Oooopz Mitch! Close call for total disaster

I have grenaded three engines on track and agree with Inferno, not a single pass without a diaper anymore.
      One gets kinda busy behind the wheel when running over own oil at the finish line, smoke, flames, all the good
      stuff and you feel alive and young again.

Comment

Mine let out a burp fart bang then drove over the crankshaft and through the oil @ 130. I nearly shat myself as it started sliding all over the track.

Comment

Originally posted by FinnishFireball View Post
          Oooopz Mitch! Close call for total disaster

I have grenaded three engines on track and agree with Inferno, not a single pass without a diaper anymore.
          One gets kinda busy behind the wheel when running over own oil at the finish line, smoke, flames, all the good
          stuff and you feel alive and young again.
          FF, the damage in those pictures were not exciting at all. I was sitting in the water box idling waiting for them to signal me to heat the tires when the engine just started coming apart. It literally ran no more than 1 second before I had it shut off. Popped a valve head off, punched a hole in that piston, tore a huge chunk out of one connecting rod, knocked the head off the other valve in that hole, and shot aluminum out of both headers.

The chunk of connecting rod wedged between the cam and block, stopping the cam. Lots of bent push rods.

Motor was an all aluminum Reher-Morrison 665 with two fogger kits.

Racing sure can be fun......
          TRUMP 2020!

Comment

Mine let out a burp fart bang then drove over the crankshaft and through the oil @ 130. I nearly shat myself as it started sliding all over the track.
            I bet!

The coupe has skated out from under me a couple of times on junk tracks, but it has never gotten to the point that I thought we were going to wreck.

I take that the crank hit your wishbone?
            TRUMP 2020!

Comment

I didn't realize it hit the track locator until it was all back together. 1st hit on new engine it broke, made for one heck of a ride. Luckily didn't break anything else.

https://youtu.be/D3FCW38A1uw

Comment

• 1Azgerman
              1Azgerman commented
              Editing a comment
              Did any of the damage engine pieces come thru the tin work? You are a lucky man brother!

I didn't realize it hit the track locator until it was all back together. 1st hit on new engine it broke, made for one heck of a ride. Luckily didn't break anything else.

https://youtu.be/D3FCW38A1uw
            WOW! Remind me to skip that running over the crank trick.

That is a lot of damage.....
            TRUMP 2020!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch H View Post

WOW! Remind me to skip that running over the crank trick.

That is a lot of damage.....
              Ya that was the most expensive pass I've ever made. Luckily was able to cut the trans case and add a JW bell. It had a Rossler 210 3spd back then.

Comment

1Azgerman Nope didn't touch the tin work and yes was very lucky looking back.

Comment

Both of you had the stars lined up it didn't get any worse. I love the saying theres only two kind of racers, those who have rolled over and those who will. I think the same goes with engine explosions

Comment

Working...
                  X