1967 Firebird "400"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 Firebird "400"

My 1967 Firebird 400. It is an original 400 4 speed car . Power steering,power brakes,no air.Bought it from the original owner 27 years ago. Car has 45000 original miles on it. I have the original rally II rims in the attic. Running 14s in the front and 15s in the rear.Drives like a dream,I put about 150 miles a year on it.

That is cherry Mark, time capsule in the wrapper. I would imagine it is worth some serious coin!!

Steve

Comment

I have seen this car up close......it is super clean!
      TRUMP 2020!

Comment

Was not always that nice, but not that bad,don't forget I bought it 27 years ago but the car was then still a 26 year old vehicle from SW PA. So while it was a true survivor never molested it needed a full restoration which I did myself. Fortunatly at the time I could still buy lots of NOS parts.The interior is still original 1967 believe it or not with the exception of the carpet,headliner and dash pad. My current upcoming project will be to recover the seats as the foam is just deteriorating badly and springs in the drivers seat are not real good now. But I have ordered what I need to do it and keep it original as possible. Will be updating some pics on the interior as I am renewing only what is necessary.I like it original like it was built.
        Last edited by Mark D.; 01-16-2020, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Cool - glad to hear you will post the progress pictures brother. I really enjoy following this kind of stuff.

Steve

Comment

Comment

• 1Azgerman
              1Azgerman commented
              Editing a comment
              Inferno you have some very nice cars brother, I believe you will be able to have your cars on the banner for about a half a year you own so damn many nice ones !!! LOL !!!!!

Its an addiction for sure.

Comment

Really sweet Firebird, thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by MGBChuck View Post
                Really sweet Firebird, thanks for sharing
                Thanks.

Comment

Lets get this section back on track.,it's about your street or classic car. Found a picture on photobucket of my interior. Seats dash and door panels are original 1967,gonna re do them this year though,worse than they look. Build sheet for the car say's it was built with a console. I have never had one in all the years I had the car. I just acquired an original one from ebay And will install when I redo seats and install a new Gold carpet like it was built.
                  Last edited by Mark D.; 01-26-2020, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Mark, pretty cool you are able to find the console and the history that it was born with one. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

Steve

Comment

One nice thing about restoring Pontiac's is we have PHS as a historical reference.
                      http://www.phs-online.com/services.htm

Comment

• 1Azgerman
                        1Azgerman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice!

Nice car Mark!! My Pops has a 67 when I was a kid. A drunk destroyed it one night while we were all asleep.

Comment

Love those old Firebirds. Years ago I passed on a 67 Camaro and still regret it to this day. Had it been Firebird I would have bought it. I passed on it hoping to find a Firebird I wanted then life got in the way and prices are just insane now.

Why don't you drive it more?

Comment

Originally posted by Raidmagic View Post
                          Love those old Firebirds. Years ago I passed on a 67 Camaro and still regret it to this day. Had it been Firebird I would have bought it. I passed on it hoping to find a Firebird I wanted then life got in the way and prices are just insane now.

Why don't you drive it more?
                          I won't take it out unless the weather is nice,roads are dry. car has not seen rain in the 27 years I have had it. Plus I am in PA. so it is in the garage Nov-April.
                          Another thing is that when I am out I am constantly driving defensive,so many idiot's on the road,and it is all original or nos GM sheet metal that I am nervous out there. At this point in it's life it is almost irreplaceable to me. But I do love driving it when I can.

Comment

Working...
                          X