My LS build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My LS build

Ive been building myself a whipple blown LS for my jalopy. I help a local Chevy dealer that has 3 blown copo camaros, and have become infatuated with the platform. Since i cant afford a copo, I thought id build a better one. Its 388". 4.0L whipple. Brodix heads. Alky EFI. It came out ok. There is a lot left on the table for future. maybe 200 more? but i have to slow it down about 200 as its going to be faster than my jalopy will cert to...lol Thought maybe you guys would enjoy it

So it has way more in it. Don’t they all? LMAO

Jus kiddin. Very impressive for sure.

I toyed with the idea of building an LS for mine since I hadda have headers made anyway, but I already had a gen1 bow tie block & nice crank.

Comment

thats with a really small for what it is throttle body. i dont have room in my car for the one that flows 1000 cfm more...lol. and a really small blower pulley. etc. More alky through the blower would help as well. I bet at least 200 more. BTW, it made 725 NA, shich is pretty good for a 388, and we didnt try to make na power. This LS platform is really interesting. This is Brodix BR7 heads. So its LS7/LSX based. I am smitten with the platform....lol

Comment

That’s cool as can be.

Sounds like you need a 6.0 car in your future.

Comment

Nice Bob, when do you think you will get to try it out?
          TRUMP 2020!

Comment

Cool build Bob. I work with a kid that’s kin to the owner of that old blazer with an ls and a whipple. The handicap fella drives it. Kerry is the owners name I think. Anyway whipple has designed a brand new supercharger that going on that rig over the winter months. I’m interested in seeing what they can squeeze out of that mouse with the new setup. I enjoy the ls crowd, the power you can squeeze from an ls is cool shit for cheap.

Comment

Damn Bob that is a nice setup, I am going to build a LS deal in the near future it will be a whole new learning curve for me. Really impressive brother! Glad you are around this form sharing your stuff!

Steve

Comment

we havent done much with the LS. A lot of machine work, but not much actual complete engine shit. The guy with the 3 copos here, his kid forgot to turn the intercooler pump on and he detonated the shit out of it, so we freshened that one which was our first actual full ls..lol It made 1150 on gas with the 2.9 and really not a great combination. I got hooked...lol. Im doing one now for a Super Stock deal that should be badass too, an NA 396 LS3. Its crazy how good they can actually be. It is different, we learned so much from this first one there are several things id do different for v2.0 I want to do some more NA stuff with it, thats where my heart is anyway

Comment

Cool build and nice performance, gotta admit these modern Ls and Coyote engine platforms have potential. Cheap, well umm maybe to a point lol.

Comment

Damn Bob-
                    Madcap sure has some good customers to think the dude owns 3 COPOs is a hell of a deal.

Steve

Comment

• FinnishFireball
                      FinnishFireball commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would be satisfied with just one, I'm not greedy you see

Damn straight brother!!!

Comment

sorry, my work IT guy has deemed this site a virus and has blocked it for some reason, so i dont get in here often enough.. Im going in today and slowing the blower down, my car wont cert fast enough. Goes against everything I believe in to take power out of something...lol.
                      Let me know how the new blower in the S10 does, these things are cool.
                      BTW, I get the benefit of owning a COPO without owning one. The guy that owns them i letting me race 1 next season in the local s/ss combo series. That is gonna be a blast

Comment

Bob that is good to hear keep us posted when you are running the COPO brother!
                        post up some pictures of the S/SS Camaro!

Steve

Comment

Say Bob,
                          something completely unrelated to the LS build but have you ever hired any one from a Lincoln Tech there in Denver? Seems like a decent program they have going on? Nice big facility for sure!

Steve

Comment

I have 2 cars I've LS swapped. When I get the truck running and the bugs worked out I'd love to toss a blower on it. I think that would make a perfect daily driver.

Comment

Working...
                            X