Need info for a set of pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info for a set of pistons

Need a part number for a set of pistons that’ll fit a sbc. .030 over 5.7 rod with floating pins. CR needs to come out at 9.6-9.7 max. 64cc iron head engine. A decent set of forged pistons is what I’m after. No power adder.

Say Bangr
    Wiseco has a set of forged shelf pistons part # PTS508A3 might be something you could look at. Summit has them listed just under $500 this includes rings and floating pins?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by 1Azgerman View Post
      Say Bangr
      Wiseco has a set of forged shelf pistons part # PTS508A3 might be something you could look at. Summit has them listed just under $500 this includes rings and floating pins?

Steve
      I’ll have a looksie!!

Comment

The SRP stuff is nice too. they do a high silicone piston that you can set up tighter on p/w than the low silicone stuff, like .0035-.004. I used them on the wifes camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by goneracin View Post
          The SRP stuff is nice too. they do a high silicone piston that you can set up tighter on p/w than the low silicone stuff, like .0035-.004. I used them on the wifes camaro.
          Would they hold up to a small nos shot? 150-200 squirt?

Comment

• goneracin
            goneracin commented
            Editing a comment
            yes. just open the ring gaps up for the spray.

Why not put a piston only in every second cylinder? Save some money and weight? Did I just innovate something new???

goneracing knows for real but I think any of todays forged pistons can take that small hit without hiccups
          There's also Icon, JE and the list goes on. I have SRP in my motor and they do the job, previous owner
          shot them with 160hp NOS for years

Comment

Thanks Bob!

Comment

I got a spare set of JE Blower pistons.

They are 4.600 pistons, but I bet you could tap them in the hole with a decent sized hammer.
              TRUMP 2020!

Comment

• 1Azgerman
                1Azgerman commented
                Editing a comment
                They might touch each other once you get them in there!!!

I could turn them down on the lathe.

Comment

Working...
              X